Recipe: Vegetable Fritters with Smoked Salmon
TIP: Make these into potato or sweet potato fritters by replacing the zucchini with the same weight of either potato or sweet potato
- 5 zucchini, grated
- 3 carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g packet smoked salmon slices
- In a colander, combine zucchin and 2 tsp salt flakes. Set aside 10 minutes. Using hands, squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Place zucchini into bowl with carrot, discarding juices. Add flour and egg. Mix well. Season to taste
- In a large frying pan, heat some oil on medium. Measure 1/2 cup portions of mixture. Cook in 2 batches, flattening, 3-4 mins each side until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with sliced salmon, drizzled with aioli and sprinkled with micro-herbs, if liked.
You can replace with gluten-free flour for a gluten-free recipe