Matcha Mochi recipe
I love this idea, especially the sushi and mochi.
Here’s the recipe for Matcha Mochi using an ice cube tray from the video. It shows other variations including mango, strawberry and plain but I love Matcha Mochi the most and I will focus on it this post.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a bowl add rice flour, matcha powder and sugar. Stir and then add the water and stir again.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap / saran wrap and with a wooden skewer or similar sharp object put several small holes in the cling wrap and then place in a microwave for two minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a cutting board or suitable surface and form into a circle.
- Sprinkle with flour and roll it out to 1/2 cm or so height using a rolling pin or bottle.
- You then cut out circles of dough using the lid of a regular mouth mason jar (see video), a cutter or or similar object that will create a similar dimension to fit the ice cube tray.
- Place the circle of mochi dough into the ice cube tray as per the video and then add a small scoop of matcha ice cream and carefully fold the ends of the matcha into the centre and gently seal.
- Repeat for each mochi and then freeze the ice cube tray filled with matcha mochi.
- After the mochi has been frozen, gently turn the ice cube tray upside down over a plate and press out the mochi pieces and sprinkle with matcha powder and serve as soon as possible
Gluten-free and dairy free