I love the all round joyous reception every time I serve these… delicious!
Recipe: Tamari Nuts and Seeds
Tamari sauce is a gluten-free version of Soy Sauce and is a little salty. I wouldn't season the mix until after you have tasted it.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup mixed seeds
- 1/2 cup sultanas (optional)
- 1/3 cup (approximately 80mls) tamari sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almonds, mixed seeds, and sultanas and drizzle with the tamari.
- Mix until thoroughly covered.
- Spread in a single layer on the baking tray.
- Reserve the extra tamari in the bowl.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pan and carefully scrape back into the same bowl (leave the oven on).
- Toss in the tamari and set aside for 10 minutes. Spread again onto the same baking tray and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the mixture cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 3 weeks
You can substitute almonds for other nuts
From the cookbook ‘4 Ingredients – Gluten Free, Lactose Free by Kim McCosker