Found on the Loving Earth website, this recipe is a good way to include acai powder in a sweet treat everyone will love.
RECIPE BY EMILY WILLIAMSON
These are great weekend treat for the kiddies and also as a filling lunchbox snack for school. Kids love adding their favourite toppings and are more likely to eat them if they’ve helped make them!
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour (or Plain Buckinis)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar (or Coconut Nectar)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Acai Powder (optional)
- 6 medium strawberries + extra for decorating
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Chocolate Buckinis for decorating
- STEP 1 Preheat your oven to 180°C. If making your own buckwheat flour, process 1 cup of Plain Buckinis (or buckwheat groats) until you have a fine powder.
- STEP 2 In a blender, add the buckwheat flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, banana, coconut milk, acai powder, strawberries and melted coconut oil. Blend until well combined and smooth. Pour the batter evenly into a 12 hole muffin pan. Fill up the batter ¾ full.
- STEP 3 Top with your favourite add-ins – Chocolate Buckinis give a good crunch and strawberries are always a favourite! Push them down into the batter.
- STEP 4 Bake your pancake bites in the oven for 15 minutes, or until your pancakes are firm. Cool on a wire rack and store in a sealed container.