This Choc Cherry Coconut Rough slice just oozes deliciousness! With a flavour combination so perfect, you’ll struggle to share the slice around this silly season.
You can always make more, right…?
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- ½ cup Coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp soy mylk (or any plant based mylk)
- CHERRY FILLING
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- Loving Earth Dark Chocolate or Hazelnut Mylk Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Prepare the base by combining the flour, coconut, sugar, almond meal and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients and mix together.
- Press the mix into a greased slice pan (I used a square slice pan).
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until slightly risen and golden.
- Meanwhile make the cherry filling. Place the filling ingredients in a small saucepan, simmer over low heat and allow to reduce and thicken.
- Once the filling has cooled pour over the base, and allow to set in fridge for 1 hour.
- Top with melted chocolate and refrigerate again.
- Slice and serve!
Original recipe: Loving Earth via the talented Emeson from Emerson Cooks