Next week’s meal choice includes Tandoori Beef Bowl with Garlic Rice, Cucumber Raita & Chutney recipe. Yumm! I don’t know about you, but I love Tandoori. Very tasty!
If you’re interested in trying Hello Fresh, use the code VANPIK at checkout and you’ll receive $20 off your first box. That equals to $19.95 for six meals (3 meals a week for 2 people). Bargain! Below is the recipe. If you love it please leave a comment.
We're bringing three flavour powerhouses to your place tonight – tandoori paste, brown mustard seeds and mango chutney. This Indian trifecta has a magical touch, creating a dinner that's so tasty you'll hardly believe you made it yourself – and in just half an hour too!
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sachet brown mustard seeds
- 1 packet basmati rice
- 1 tub tandoori paste
- 1 packet beef strips
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 packet Greek yoghurt (Contains Milk)
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 packet flaked almonds (Contains Tree Nuts)
- 1 tub mango chutney (Contains Tree Nuts)
- Not included in your delivery
- olive oil
- 20 g butter (Contains Milk)
- 1.5 cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vinegar (white wine or red wine)
- Boil the rice: Finely chop the brown onion. Finely chop the garlic (or use a garlic press). In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with a dash of olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and brown mustard seeds and cook, stirring, until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the water and 1/2 the salt. Bring to the boil, then add the basmati rice. Reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat and keep covered until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, 10 minutes.
- Flavour the beef: While the rice is cooking, in a medium bowl, combine the tandoori paste, the remaining salt and a good drizzle of olive oil. Add the beef strips, toss to coat and set aside.
- Prep the Veggies: Finely chop the cucumber. Pick and finely chop the mint leaves. In a small bowl, combine the Greek yoghurt, 1/2 the cucumber and 1/2 the mint. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the flaked almonds and toast, stirring occasionally, until golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Make the tomato salad: In a second medium bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, remaining cucumber and remaining mint. Add the vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cook the beef: Return the frying pan to a high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the tandoori beef and cook, tossing often, until the beef is browned and cooked through, 1-2 minutes. TIP: Stand back! The tandoori paste can spatter while the beef is cooking.
- Serve: Divide the garlic rice and beef tandoori between bowls. Serve with the cucumber raita, tomato salad and a dollop of mango chutney. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds. TIP: For the low-calorie option, serve with 1/2 the garlic rice and 1/2 the cucumber raita.