I was reading Indulge: Gluten-Free Food Gets A Makeover by Rowie Dillon and saw this amazing recipe for Gnocchi with Sage and Pine Nuts. I love making Gnocchi and it is great that this recipe is gluten-free.
Gnocchi with Sage and Pine Nuts
This hearty italian potato dish with soothing butter sage is pure contentment.
- 600g sebago potatoes
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, whole
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 90g (1 1/2 cup) quinoa flour
- 1 egg
- 100g (1 cup) Parmesan, grated
- pinch of nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter or dairy-free margarine
- 1/2 cup sage leaves
- a handful of pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 180oC. Grease and line a banking tray
- Wash and peel the potatoes and boil in lightly salted water. Drain and leave to cool, then mash and set aside.
- Place the onion and garlic in the prepared baking tray, drizzle generously with oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes or until softened and starting to golden.
- Combine the mashed potato with the onion, garlic (remove skin after roasting), quinoa flour, egg, Parmesan and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper and mix with your hands until well combined.
- From the dough into 1 tablespoonfull balls. bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Drop 3-4 gnocchi at a time into the water, lowere the heat to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the gnocchi rises to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm while you cook the rest of the gnocchi in batches.
- To make the sage butter, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the sage and a pinch of salt. Cook for 3 minutes until the sage leaves are starting to turn golden.
- Place the gnocchi onto plates, pour the sage butter over the top and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts.
Recipe and Image from the book
Indulge: Gluten Free Food Gets A Makeover. 100 Sweet and Savoury Recipes by Rowie Dillon