“Turmeric Ginger Lemonade with fresh Mint is great for fighting fatigue and reducing inflammation in the body. It’s quick to make, naturally sweetened, and super refreshing! Homemade lemonade with a hint of spice, tartness, and zing! Vegan, paleo, and AMAZING!…I adore turmeric, ginger, and citrus together! It’s such a powerful nutrient combo. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiviral, and is said to be 5x stronger than Vitamin C as an immunity booster. Ginger is right up there, great anti-inflammatory spice and can improve the absorption of essential nutrients. Which we all need right? Better nutrient absorption, less stress, better recovery, feeling good vibes!!!”
Source: Cotter Crunch
Recipe: Turmeric Ginger Lemonade with Mint
- 4-5 cups spring water
- 1 to 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoon ginger or 1 tbsp fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cups or more lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon Slices
- 2 -4 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey (adjust to desired sweetness)
- 1 tsp Optional Lemon extract or lemon powder (such as true lemon)
- Optional Stevia to sweeten more if desired
- Optional pinch of black pepper to activate curcumin in turmeric
- Fresh Mint leaves
- Bring water to a light boil on the stove.
- Add in your spices and let it boil again for a minute, then reduce and simmer turmeric for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and let it cool a bit. Then strain the liquid to get rid of excess ginger root or spice powder. Strain with a mesh strainer or cloth.
- Pour the rest of the liquid into a pitcher along with your lemon juice, extracts, and sweetener of choice.
- Mix again so that the maple syrup and lemon juice are combined with the turmeric ginger brew.
- Garnish with extra lemon slices, fresh mint, and store in fridge. Add ice if desired but note it will dilute flavour.