My Hello Fresh box arrives on Monday and I’m looking forward to cooking the Portuguese Chicken Tacos meal from fresh ingredients using the large recipe cards that are always easy to follow and the results are so tasty.
You can get $50 off your first box by using the code VANPIK so you can experience the Hello Fresh Experience. Let me know if you sign up and what you think of your Hello Fresh box 📦
Below is the recipe for Portuguese Chicken Tacos with Charred Corn Slaw
Give classic Portuguese flavours a Mexican wave with these fusion tacos. Look to smoked paprika and chilli flakes for that spicy, smokey flavour on the chicken, add a sweet touch with capsicum and finish things off with a crunchy slaw.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tin sweetcorn
- 1 carrot
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 packet chicken thighs
- 1 sachet smoked paprika
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1 bag shredded cabbage mix
- 1 tub garlic aioli
- 6 mini flour tortillas
- Not included in the box but required:
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Finely chop the garlic (or use a garlic press). Drain the sweetcorn. Grate the carrot (unpeeled). Cut the red capsicum into 2cm chunks. Cut the chicken thigh into 2cm pieces.
- MAKE THE SPICE MIX: In a small bowl, combine the garlic, smoked paprika, brown sugar, a pinch of chilli flakes (if using) and a drizzle of olive oil.
- MAKE THE SLAW: Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. When the pan is hot, add the corn kernels and cook until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the kernels are "popping" out. In a large bowl, combine the charred corn, carrot and shredded cabbage mix. Add 1/2 the garlic aioli, season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- COOK THE CHICKEN:
- Return the frying pan to a medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the chicken and capsicum, sprinkle with the salt and cook until browned and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. TIP: If the pan is getting a little crowded, cook in batches for the best results! Add the smoked paprika mixture and cook, tossing, until fragrant and well coated, 1 minute.
- HEAT THE TORTILLAS: Heat the mini flour tortillas in a sandwich press, or on a plate in the microwave for 10 second bursts, until warmed through.
- SERVE: Take everything to the table. Build your tacos by spreading the remaining garlic aioli over the base of the tortillas. Add a helping of rainbow slaw and top with the Portuguese chicken and capsicum.