Recipe from Gluten Free Italian Cookbook
by P. Rigoli & E. Nicolaci
Recipe: Homemade Pumpkin Gnocchi
- 1kg Sebago potatoes
- 400g pumpkin, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- 400g White Wings GF Flour
- Extra White Wings GF Flour for dusting
- Serves 4 people
- Place potatoes in a saucepan of salted water, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered until cooked when tested.
- Drain potatoes, peel and place in a large bowl, mash until smooth.
- Add grated pumpkin and eggs to potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour to the mixture a little at a time and work with hands until dough consistency
- Dust bench with extra flour, turn pumpkin mixture out and gently knead until smooth
- Roll into a large sausage shape and divide into 8 pieces.
- Dust bench again and roll out each piece approx 1cm in diameter and cut into 2cm lengths.
- Roll pieces on gnocchi board (or gently press over the back of a fork)
- Cook gnocchi in rapidly boiling salted water with a splash of olive oil.
- Once gnocchi floats to the top of the saucepan, cook further one minute, drain and serve immediately with your favourite sauce. Enjoy!
You could substitute sweet potato for the potato to make it even more healthy.
I made this recipe and it was absolutely delicious!