I love Matcha Lattes and now I make them at home on a regular basis
I wake up in the morning with a rejuvenating, nutritious matcha latte. This fast and easy recipe compliments the fragrant matcha green tea powder with creamy milk and a little sugar (optional) for a flavour balance.
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 250ml cold milk or 300ml hot milk
- Spoon the matcha green tea powder and the sugar into a mug or cup.
- Add the warm water and mix with a spoon or with a whisk until it is a smooth dark green paste to ensure no lumps form.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan and pour into the mug until nearly full. Use cold milk for an iced latte.
- Use a whisk to mix the paste and milk together until smooth and light green in colour.
- If you so wish, you can add a few sprinkles of matcha green tea powder on the top for decoration. Or add ice for an extra cold iced latte.
If you find it is powdery, strain it slowly through cotton cloth square or paper towel