|[ Click to read more ]|
“It was decided to launch the garden on 10/10/10 as a 350.org event ( http://www.350.org/) encouraged many volunteers from around Brisbane to come and assist. Permablitz organised the permaculture design consultant and the “Permablitz” event, (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and also provided a few volunteers to join in to complete the initial work required. The Garden gained support from Transition East and Brisbane Organic Growers Inc. Bruce Ham from BOGI agreed to attend on the day and assist with soil testing and information which was invaluable for soil creation. Neighbours pitched in as well creating plenty of opportunity to strengthen friendships.”
How can I Help?“There are several ways you can be involved.
- Just reply by email to say you like this. (moral support)
- Provide professional help in the form of sessions and discussion groups at bi monthly events.
- Think of an activity and help this to happen at an event
- Contact us at the garden on 0407 059 509 if you have something to donate in the way of gardening materials.
- Financial assistance in the way of donations are always welcome.
Volunteers are always welcome on early mornings or late afternoons, to potter around. The work is not arduous or back-breaking and is a pleasant way to spend and hour or two. Telephone Nancy to arrange a time 0407 059 509.”
( Source: http://theinspirationgarden.blogspot.com.au/p/how-can-i-help.html )
OPEN GARDENS AUSTRALIA
“The Garden Project is reaching its first big milestone. Open Gardens Australia 28 and 29 September. Come along Friends and help make this inspired project really sing. Looking for donations of Scones , jam and cream for the hundreds of visitors we expect over the two days. Also helpers during the days.”
( Source: Inspiration Garden Facebook Message