Recipe: Tandoori Chicken Recipe
- Tandoori chicken
- 6 chicken breasts, skin removed
- 250ml natural yoghurt, drained.
- 100g tandoori paste
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Tandoori paste from scratch
- 1/2 knob ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 red chillies, chopped
- 4 tsp turmeric, ground
- 2 tsp cardamom, ground
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tsp black pepper corns
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- In a mixing bowl combine the yoghurt, tandoori paste and lemon juice.
- Mix into a smooth paste, add the chicken pieces and marinate for a minimum of 2-3 hours or overnight if possible.
- Place marinated chicken on to a greased baking tray and cook in an oven set at 180C for 25-30 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with some cooked basmati rice studded with peas and sultanas.
- Tandoori Paste Method
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse for 20-30 seconds, or until it reaches a smooth paste like consistency.
- Place into a clean container and may be kept in the fridge for up to a month.
- This may then be used as you would a commercial equivalent.