A warming drink packed with health boosting properties that is calming and relaxing, perfect for before bed.
♥ Relieves depression
♥ Lowers blood glucose levels
♥ High in antioxidants
♥ Prevents premature ageing
- 250 mls / 1 cup homemade or unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tsp coconut sugar / honey / other sweetener
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger / small piece of fresh ginger grated
- Pinch of black pepper (to support absorption of the curcumin)
- Optional but recommended if using shop bought almond milk: 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Warm the almond milk in a pan on the stove or in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk or blend until frothy
Curcumin, the active compound in turmeric, is fat soluble. If you're using homemade almond milk there should be enough fats present, but if you're using shop bought almond milk, add the coconut oil to increase the fat content.