Lemony Crumbed Chicken
with Pesto Dressing & Sweet Potato Wedges
Another favourite Hello Fresh meal is this amazing Lemony Crumbed Chicken. I used gluten-free breadcrumbs by Orgran instead of the included breadcrumbs for a gluten-free meal. I love pesto and sweet potato so this meal is perfect for me and so easy to make!
If you make this recipe please email email@example.com with a review with/without photos and we will feature it on this page.
New to Hello Fresh? Use this link to receive $50 off your first box.
Coat tender chicken breast with a zesty crumb for a dinner that's sure to please. With sweet potato wedges, fresh salad with a tangy mustard dressing and a creamy pesto sauce for dipping, this meal is the best of the best!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ½ lemon
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1 packet chicken breast
- 1 packet panko breadcrumbs (Contains Gluten) OR Orgran Gluten-Free breadcrumbs
- ½ tub Dijon mustard (Contains Sulphites)
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
- 1 block fetta cheese (Contains Milk)
- 1 tub creamy pesto dressing (Contains Egg, Milk, Tree Nuts)
- Not included in your delivery:
- olive oil
- 2 tbs plain flour (Contains Gluten)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg (Contains Egg)
- ROAST THE SWEET POTATO: Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Cut the sweet potato (unpeeled) into 1cm-thick wedges. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast until tender, 25-30 minutes. TIP: Cut the sweet potato to the correct size so it cooks in the allocated time
- GET PREPPED: While the sweet potato wedges are roasting, zest the lemon (see ingredients list) to get a pinch. Roughly chop the tomato and cucumber. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of baking paper. Pound the chicken with a meat mallet or rolling pin until it is an even thickness, about 1cm thick
- CRUMB THE CHICKEN: In a shallow bowl, combine the plain flour, the salt and a good pinch of pepper. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the egg. In a third shallow bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs, lemon zest and a pinch of salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the flour mixture, followed by the egg and finally in the panko breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
- COOK THE CHICKEN: Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base of the pan. When the oil is hot, add the crumbed chicken and cook until golden on the outside and cooked through, 2-4 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. TIP: Add extra oil if needed so the schnitzel doesn't stick to the pan.
- TOSS THE SALAD: While the chicken is cooking, combine the Dijon mustard (see ingredients list), a small squeeze of lemon juice, olive oil (1 tbs for 2 people / 2 tbs for 4 people) and a pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the mixed salad leaves, tomato and cucumber to the dressing. Toss to coat
- SERVE UP: Thickly slice the crumbed chicken. Divide the chicken, salad and sweet potato wedges between plates. Crumble the fetta over the salad. Serve with the creamy pesto dressing.