Another amazing Hello Fresh meal choice coming on Monday is their Creamy Leek & Mustard Chicken. Yumm! I love leek and mustard and chicken so I’m really excited, especially since it comes with broccoli, carrot and mashed potato. Drool!
You can win a FREE Hello Fresh Australia box worth $139.95 in our Facebook competition. Just comment on the post and be one of the first 3 Australians to comment to win.
For more information about the giveaway competition visit the blog article below
NOT A WINNER? GET $50 OFF YOUR FIRST BOX
If you’re not one of the winners of the Facebook competition you can still get $50 off your first Hello Fresh Australia box by using the code VANPIK at checkout or by clicking this link.
And now for the recipe for Creamy Leek & Mustard Chicken. Enjoy!
Serve up a comforting meal that's as good as a hug! With tender, flavoursome leek in a creamy mustard sauce and loads of satisfying mash, this dinner will make you feel all snuggly - perfect for a home-cooked meal with heart
- 1 leek
- 2 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 packet chicken breast
- 1 packet cooking cream (Contains Milk)
- ½ tub wholegrain mustard(Contains Sulphites)
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cube chicken stock
- NOT INCLUDED
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 40 g butter (Contains Milk)
- 2 tbs milk (Contains Milk)
- ¼ tsp salt
- PREPARE THE VEGETABLES: Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Peel the potato and cut into 2cm chunks. Thinly slice the carrot (unpeeled). Cut the broccoli into small florets and roughly chop the stalk. Thinly slice the leek. Finely chop the garlic (or use a garlic press). TIP: Cut the veggies to the correct size so they cook in the allocated time.
- COOK THE POTATO & VEGGIES: Add the potato to the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes. Place the carrot and broccoli in a colander or steamer on top of the saucepan, place a lid on top and steam until the veggies are tender and the potatoes are easily pierced with a knife, 5-6 minutes. Transfer the carrot and broccoli to a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Drain the potato, return to the saucepan and cover to keep warm.
- BROWN THE CHICKEN: While the veggies are cooking, place your hand flat on top of a chicken breast and use a sharp knife to slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the chicken steaks with a pinch of salt and pepper on both sides. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until cooked through, 3-5 minutes on each side (depending on thickness). Transfer to a plate to rest. TIP: The chicken is cooked when it is no longer pink inside.
- MAKE THE LEEK SAUCE: Return the frying pan to a medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the leek and cook until softened, 4-5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the cooking cream, wholegrain mustard (see ingredients list) and crumbled chicken stock (1/2 cube for 2 people / 1 cube for 4 people) and stir to combine. Simmer until slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes. Add any chicken resting juices and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- MASH THE POTATO: While the sauce is simmering, add the milk, salt, 1/2 the butter and a pinch of pepper to the potato in the saucepan. Mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth. In a small microwavable bowl, place a pinch of garlic and the remaining butter. TIP: Add as much or as little garlic as you like! Microwave in 30 second bursts until melted. Pour over the carrot and broccoli and toss to coat.
- SERVE UP: Divide the mashed potato between plates and top with the garlic butter veggies and chicken. Spoon over the creamy leek and mustard sauce.
Naturally Gluten-Free•Not Suitable for Coeliacs