Photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
|PREP TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
|YIELD: 12-14 pancakes|
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
“This is a conversion of my mother’s pancake recipe. They brown up nicely. Leftovers freeze well, and reheat quickly in the microwave for a fast, hot breakfast. Get the maple syrup ready!”
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour ( I use recipe #208061)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and cooking oil.
- Add milk mixture to the dry ingredients, and whisk until well blended.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat ungreased, non-stick frying pan to medium heat.
- Pour batter by spoonfuls onto the hot pan.
- Pancakes are ready to be turned over when the edges are no longer glossy, and the bubbles that pop stay open. To check the second side for doneness, you just have to lift an edge of the pancake up with a spatula and take a peek.
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)Servings Per Recipe: 1
- AMT. PER SERVING
- % DAILY VALUE
- Calories 42.2
Calories from Fat 3276%Total Fat 3.5g5% Saturated Fat 0.8g4%Cholesterol 32.9mg10%Sodium 160.7mg6%Total Carbohydrate 1.1g0%Dietary Fiber 0.0g0% Sugars 0.3 g1%Protein 1.4g2%