Simple and easy pulp recipes so that can utilise the left-over pulp from your Juicer!
Enjoying your cold press juicer doesn’t have to end at simply juice. Although they churn out nutritious juices time after time, they also expel fresh pulp just waiting to be used. What most people don’t realise is that the pulp is still full of nutirients and has tonnes of fibre in it. Depending on the fruit or vegetables you are juicing the pulp will either be quite wet or dry, but both will still have a large amount of dietary fibre available. Australians throw out $8 Billion worth of food every year and 33% of this is fresh fruit and vegetables. At Vitality 4 Life a constant question asked is “What can I do so I don’t waste any of the produce I juice?” With this in mind, we have compiled a small collection of ideas and recipes to add to your collection.
What can you do with the leftover pulp?
The first thing you might think is composting. If you love composting, using left over pulp in your garden is one of the most natural and green ideas to help the environment. This process absorbs carbon from the atmosphere, locking it away in your soil. This ongoing storage process is a form of carbon sequestrian. It also prevents weed growth and reduces the amount of waste sent to landfill sites.
Instead of green powders, try adding real vegetable pulp to your next smoothie to add additional fibre and nutrients to a healthy blend. Try blending pulp with blueberries, bananas, romaine lettuce and natural yogurt.
Feed it to your furry friends! Add a little leftover pulp to your dog’s food bowl, they are guaranteed to enjoy vegetables full of fibre. Give your dog fruit and veggie pulp whenever possible. Be aware though, some fruits and vegetables can be toxic to your pets. You should research these before feeding them any pulp.
Tasty Pulp Recipes
Black Bean and Veggie Burgers
There are so many recipes for veggie burgers, but this is a favourite amongst our Vitality 4 Life team. Full of wholesome fibre and fresh spices, there is so much flavour jam-packed for a tasty treat. Try substituting or adding spices to make Middle Eastern or Greek flavoured patties.
- 1 can black bean, drained
- 3 carrots
- 2 beets
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup lettuce
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 jalepeno, seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. peppet
- canola or vegetable oil
1. Cut carrots, beets, parsley, and leafy lettuce into small chunks and run through the Hurom Slow Juicer.
2. Pulse the black beans in a food processor with the onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and garlic until consistency is chunky but blended.
3. Add the blended mixture to the veggie pulp in a large bowl.
4. Add spices, eggs and bread crumbs mixing until well incorporated. Form mixture into 5” patties.
5. If cooking on a grill, use a sheet of foil that is well oiled and cook for 8-10 minutes on each side.
6. If cooking on a nonstick pan, put on medium high heat and add a tablesppon of oil to the pan. Cook one each side for 4-5 minutes.
7. Enjoy! 🙂
Our pets are just as important as us, and they need nutrients and wholesome foods to keep healthy. Many pets are even overweight and this recipe can be used as a great way to keep your pets expanding waistline to a minimum. Not only is this recipe great, you will save money on treats and bones and your dog will love them.
- 8 cups juice pulp (make sure you don’t have anything toxic to dogs in your pulp)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup ground flax soaked in 2 cups water for 1/2 hour
- 1/4 cup nama shoyu (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients together and spread on non-stick sheets 1/4 inch thick.
2. Score into 1-inch squares.
3. Using the BioChef Dehydrator
, dehydrate at 145* for 1 hour, reduce heat to 115 and continue to dry until completely dry, flipping once during dehydration. Approximately 12-14 hours.
Makes two trays.
Apple and Cinnamon Muffins
This recipe is so delightful, light and fresh to the taste buds. Apple pulp is still so full of flavour after the juice is extracted, that you don’t need any sugar in this recipe. Apples are a great source of healthy antioxidants, fibre, vitamins and minerals. You can even add nuts to this recipe to make it more filling and wholesome.
- 3 cups of apple pulp
- ½ to 1 cup of sesame, olive oil, or grapeseed oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of honey
- 3 cups of wholemeal flour (white is okay too)
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
1. Mix the apple pulp with the honey, eggs, vanilla, oil, and mix.
2. Add the dry ingredients. Pour into muffin cups or greased muffin tins until it is ¾ full.
3. Bake for 45 minutes at 180 degrees
Made from fresh produce, this recipe is a delicious and low-fat snack to enjoy. Pre-packaged salsa’s are high in sugars, salts and preservatives. With this recipe you will enjoy the freshest taste of electric Italian flavours guaranteed to make any mouth water.
- 1 cup of pulp from a veggie juice consisting of tomatoes, carrots, celery, and cucumber
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- A few springs of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of lemon or lime juice
1. Mix all of these ingredients together and serve.
2. Extra: Mix in a chopped up avocado.
- Most advanced single-gear cold press juicer
- 3 Step Auger Crushing System
- NEW “Ultem Tough” parts, with extended warranty of 10 years!
- NEW Pulp Adjustment Nozzle
- MORE juice and LESS pulp!
- Single Gear Cold Press Juicer
- Juices fruit and preserves nutrients for 48 hours
- Juices vegetables including wheatgrass, leafy greens, aloe vera & herbs
- Very simple to use and easy to clean
- Also makes ice cream, nut butters, soups, dips, jams, tapenades & pasta
- Voted best single gear Juicer in Australia
- Minces meats, garlic, ginger, radish and more
- Low Noise Level
- 20 year warranty on motor and 5 years on parts.
- Makes healthy snacks – dried fruit & vegetables, meat jerky, dried flowers, dough art, bread alternatives, yoghurt and much more!
- Versatile and easy to use
- Adjustable thermostat &drying guide
- 40 hour digital timer
- Trays are dishwasher safe
- 3 Year Warranty
;See more at:& Article Source: https://www.vitality4life.com.au/blog/health-recipes/from-the-juicer-to-your-plate-healthy-pulp-recipes/#sthash.frqN3ntD.dpuf